The Edinburgh International Book Festival starts this Saturday and I’m thrilled to have tickets to hear some great writers talk about their books and about writing. Here’s a note of the events I’ll be going to – a good mix, I think, of mature authors, debut authors, fiction and non-fiction. And two poets.
- Jennifer Egan & Karen Russell
- John Burnside
- The Rise of E-Books -: Society of Authors
- David Miller & Dan Vyleta
- Unbound, Paris Review evening with Lorin Stein
- Sam Meekings & Sara Sheridan
- Alexandra Harris & Kathleen Jones
- Edward St Aubyn
- Neil Gaiman –: Guardian Book Club
- A.L. Kennedy
- Judith Hermann & Per Petterson
- Carol Ann Duffy
- Michel Faber
- AS Byatt
- Peter Ackroyd
EIBF runs from 13-29 August: 17 days, 797 authors, 757 events. Sadly, the tents in Charlotte Square are only for events – not sleep-overs, otherwise, I’d be there every day.
Over the next couple of weeks I’ll be blogging and tweeting @BookRambler about book-events and author-sightings and trying not to babble incoherently to writers … at any rate, saying something other than ‘I love your book ‘ …
Check the EIBF website for dates, times, and tickets.
Are you going … what events are you looking forward to?